Округ Принц Едвард
When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it's important for you to understand the laws in your city. As a platform and marketplace we do not provide legal advice, but we want to provide some useful links that may help you better understand laws and regulations in Prince Edward County. This list is not exhaustive, but it should give you a good start in understanding your local laws. We’ll continue to update this information as more becomes available. If you have more questions after reviewing this resource, we recommend visiting Prince Edward County’s FAQ page, contacting the municipality directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or consulting a local lawyer or tax professional.
Registration is required to host in Prince Edward County. Register now to continue hosting short-term stays.
Based on the local bylaw, short-term rentals (STRs) may operate in a number of zones throughout the county. It is important to review the By-law and understand your responsibilities as a Host.
Hosts are required to register with the municipality, in order to comply with the bylaw. Get more information on license renewal.
Long term stays (30 consecutive nights or more), hotels and motels are exempt from registering as short-term rentals. If your listing is exempt, you don’t need to register.
Short-term rentals may operate in:
- In the Urban Residential zones (R1, R2, R3), Hamlet Residential (HR) zone, or Limited Service Residential (LSR) zone, in accordance with the provisions of the STA zoning by-law amendment and the requirements of the specific zone.
- In the Core Commercial, General Commercial (CG), Highway Commercial (CH), and Tourist Commercial zones within an existing or permitted dwelling unit.
- On lots existing as of October 9, 2018 and zoned the Rural Residential zones or within an existing bed and breakfast establishment or an existing residence used whole or in part as a principal residence.
- In the Rural 1, Rural 2 or Rural 3 zones, accessory and ancillary to a bona fide operating farm as an exception in support of on-farm diversified uses.
There are additional density limits in the municipality:
- The zoning by-law amendment limits the total number of short-term rentals to a maximum density of 15% of existing dwelling units:
- As measured within a 120 meter radius in settlement areas on full services;
- In the Hamlet/Residential Zone, a 220-meter radius;
- In other zones/areas, a 500-meter radius.
- Maximum densities do not apply to listings that are also used as principal residences (e.g. bed and breakfasts).
Under the official plan, a settlement area is an area of land designated as a hamlet (e.g. Carrying Place, Consecon, Milford), village (e.g. Bloomfield, Rossmore) or urban area (e.g. Picton or Wellington).
Renewing your registration
Your registration is valid for 1 year and costs range from $200/room (primary residence) to $325/room (whole home). Renewals cost $100/room (primary residence) and $162.50/room (whole home)
Taxes and fees
Prince Edward County requires hosts to register for, collect and remit a Municipal Accommodation Tax on short-term rentals in the municipality. For more information about this tax, visit Airbnb’s Canada tax information page.
Our commitment to your community
We are committed to working with local officials to help them understand how Airbnb benefits our community. Where needed, we will continue to advocate for changes that will allow regular people to rent out their own homes.
- БрамптонАко размислувате да станете домаќин на Airbnb, еве некои информации што ќе ви помогнат да ги разберете законите во вашиот град.
- Е-пошта за маркетинг во КорејаОбезбедете, персонализирајте, мерете и подобрете го нашето рекламирање и маркетинг за корејската заедница.
- ВонАко размислувате да станете домаќин на Airbnb, еве некои информации што ќе ви помогнат да ги разберете законите во вашиот град.